Five ways to take care of yourself while going through hardship
This week marks the one year anniversary of the pandemic. Over the last twelve months, being in a world pandemic has pushed every one of us to our limits in various ways. We’ve all been struggling with how to manage our limited energy. Perhaps you’re an executive having to also teach your first grader to read, or worse yet, perhaps you or your loved ones were affected directly by illness.
Crisis can happen at any time, to any one. And no matter if it’s a world pandemic, an ailing parent, a sick child, dealing with a lay-off or a divorce, here are ways to navigate through it in the healthiest way.
- Go to bed a half-hour earlier – we are all emotionally exhausted and need rest.
- Set clear boundaries, even with your children. Tell an interrupting child you care about them and what they have to say but will hear them out when it works for you.
- Do something for five minutes every day that makes you happy. Just five minutes! Go for a walk, read a book, watch a youtube video.
- Have fun with your kids for five minutes a day. Put down work and really be with them with no other motive or directions for them. To see their joy will fill your heart.
- Keep up with friends as much or as little as you need. If you’re feeling a lot of pressure to emotionally support a bunch of people and are nearing a breakdown, let them know you love them, but you have to be sort of a recluse for a little bit to keep your own shit together.
I can help you figure out how to manage your energy in normal and crisis times. It is key to creating and maintaining a peaceful, calm and fulfilling life!
Reach out, I’m here for you.